Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Boston or Styx?

Which do you like better Styx or Boston?? After attending a concert on Friday night at the Family Arena in St. Charles, Missouri, I feel the need to ask this question. I went to this concert thinking I like Boston but was very surprised to find out I had already missed most of the best part of the bands.
Due to circumstances beyond my control, we were late for the concert start time. After arriving and getting our seats, it was apparent Styx plays music for the audience. Everyone in the audience was swaying to the music, dancing and singing. The members of the band were very fan friendly. They put on a great show. As Tom Shaw said goodbye, the stage was torn apart and set for Boston.
At this point, I am happy to be in the arena. AND then it happens, they start to play.... Needless to say, after the first seemingly endless song, I am happy I have the earplug in my ears. The music was way too loud!
All of those familiar songs only sounded familiar until the band started to sing. They did not sound very good. AND when did Boston ever have a girl play guitar in the band?
We eventually left, before the show was over. I spied many empty seats after Styx left the stage and only after enduring about 45 minutes to an hour of "music" did I understand why.
Maybe Boston was having a bad day. But then again maybe Styx is really just that good! I was totally impressed with their performance.

No comments: